Sunday, September 1, 2013

Today is paper

Instead of three things to tell you about today, I got rid of a lot of paper, so there will be three categories instead in keeping with my Toss-Three-A-Day intention.  If I counted each individual item as one, the blog would be agonizingly tedious and would reach into the next millennium.  Lord knows there's enough paper in my house. 

Eighteen mail-order catalogs which I have kept "just in case" I might want to go back and order something I missed with the first order.

Seven travel books from AAA.  One was for a trip to Yosemite I took over 30 years ago and another for a trip to Yellowstone some 20 years ago.  Souvenirs I never looked at afterward.  I don't know how I made it to the Grand Canyon without an AAA book, but I did.

Fifteen maps of Los Angeles and environs.  (Did I happen to mention I like maps, too?)  I had the pleasure of doing my duty as a good citizen to serve jury duty every 2 years in L.A. for 14 years, circa 1979 to 1991.  During the long 2-hour lunch break on the first day of each 10 day stint, I would go to the gift shop at the New Otani Hotal in Little Tokyo and get a visitors guide map of the city.  Sometimes I wouldn't always remember to bring the map, so would get another one.  Kept them all.  Souvenirs or, better yet, "just in case" I might go back again I wouldn't have to stop at the hotel. I would already have one. 

So much for maps.  I have a GPS on my iPhone now.  (If my parents could come forward in time and read this last sentence, they would have no idea what I just said.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment