Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Drawer No. 1

I got fed up with my bras.  They weren't doing their job anymore, if you know what I mean, so I bought some new ones.  Easy.  The old me would have shoved in the new and pushed the old to the rear, only it didn't work this time.  The drawer was too full.  Not so easy.  Thus, my three-a-day choice was made for me.  I tossed:
  • 9 bras
  • 3 exercise bras hardly worn because it takes a contortionist to put one on, and
  • 8 half slips which I almost forgot were there.  No one wears half slips anymore.
There is a story, however, about a 9th half slip, which I did throw away not so long ago after it fell down around my ankles right after a performance.  While the chorus sang Easter Parade followed by A Pretty Girl is like a Melody, five of us dressed to the nines wearing long dresses and large Sunday hats with parasols in hand slowly walked down the two aisles of the theater and across the stage.  The audience loved it.   After the concert was over and everyone was leaving the theater, I left the stage to greet my family.  That's when the slip fell to the floor.  Luckily the audience was leaving the auditorium, so their backs were turned.  Only my girls saw the mishap.   

P.S. Sorry, but I've spent the last what seems like an hour trying to upload a picture of us five Pretty Girls in our Easter Bonnets to no avail. Pictures will have to wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment